Tarantula Slaying – Best Marches
What does “best” mean during spider event?
Means raw damage. Why? Because of three things: (1) You need to max your damage to rank top 10 in as many spider kills as possible during the day. (2) More dmg = higher chance to get the killing blow. (3) Troop-conservation PvE is impossible. No matter how you run your march, you will loose the same amount of troops. On spider it is impossible to play with minimal losses.
So the question is, how do we make the biggest and badest spider march on the playgound? We need high damage output Immortals, a damage boosting dragon (never run e.g. earth dragon!!) and we want our damage types from both Immortals and passives to have the highest possible single-target damage output (very different from gnomes or PvP).
Best spider setup
You need fire to run optimally, water is the second best alternative (if you are a whale, shadow can work okay too but is outside the scope of this article).
You want to run Ignatius the fire dragon in your march. He deals a ton of damage with his breath.
In addition to the raw damage of his breath, Ignatius’ second ability is PERFECT for a boss-killing army. By providing a crit damage buff (an insanely strong one at that) with a high proc chance, he is a must have if you want to be the very best at killing spiders (or bosses).
We need to run 3 fire Immortals to get that juicy damage buff
Luckily, fire also have some of the very best Immortals at dealing raw damage. You want to run:
- Hippo. She is tied with Yoshiu for best single-target Immortal in the game (with unique artifact she is insane, without she is tied with Yoshi for best damage dealer).
- William. He deals decent damage, but more importantly he buffs your Immortals with crit buff that is very strong. He will be our support while maintaining a default decent damage output.
- Empress Wu. She deals very nice magic damage and gives us the ability to utilize the strong magic damage passives available. Her own raw damage is quite strong also in single target, and as fire she finished the 4x elemental buff for us.
- Yoshitsune. He is tied with Hippo for best single-target DPS in the game. Give him the right passives, and he will blast any single target out of the waters.
We need to boost our damage as much as possible. This means, shelter, fighting will, life link, assist and all the other meta-passives for PvP are utterly useless.
Maxmium output passives are as follow:
- Hippo: DB + Burst + Anger
- William: Weakness + Rage Blessing + War Blessing
- Empress Wu: Annihilation + Concentration + Root
- Yoshitsune: Adrenaline Rush + Duel Master + Combo
Enjoy no. 1!
The damage output is very solid! Because spiders on different servers are of different levels – it is impossible to give you insight into the damage this setup will deal on your servers spider-level.
These are some standard results from killing 15 gnome bosses “Giant Breakers” with tripple buff.